The Business Analysts is a primary interface between projects, business partners and technology. They are an empowered team member and leader who deploy CSIT PMO methodologies and best practices to work with members of assigned company business units to elicit, organize, document and validate business rules and functional and non-functional requirements. They define and document business needs and requirements, and generate project business cases. BAs work with Portfolio management to define costs and benefits of a proposed project prior to the project being reviewed for inclusion in the portfolio. They may participate in portfolio review meetings.
The Business Analyst guides team members and business units in the formulation of solutions to their business problems. The individual works independently or as part of a team to improve the relationship between the business and systems teams of the Company.
If you are interested in applying to the position go here.
Essential Job Functions:
The Business Analyst will have the following essential responsibilities:
1. Negotiate customer requirements with senior level management and ensure agreement between customer and project team on requirements for project deliverables. Document requirements to meet business needs of organization. Determine appropriate funding levels resulting in an approved Capital Request and obtain approved Project Charter.
2. Manage multiple priorities and customer expectations with all stakeholders. Manage relationships with customers, project managers, IT and business staff, and all levels of management.
3. Conduct meetings with customers to actively solicit, analyze, and document customer requirements including obtaining signoff on business requirements from project stakeholders.
4. Manage, document and coordinate changes to functional specifications occurring during all phases of the SDLC and update business rules and functional and nonfunctional specifications accordingly. Document functional requirements, i.e. data models, technical specifications, use case scenarios, work instructions, reports.
5. Prepare clarity reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends providing insight into resource allocation department wide. This includes collaborating with Resource Managers to ensure resource information is up to date as well.
6. Support project set up and project closure process. Work with PMO Operations team to continuously support process improvements.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
*Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, or 6+ years of practical Business Analyst experience.
b) Training requirements
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification preferred or 6+ years of practical Business Analyst experience.
c) Knowledge and skills
• Strong ability to work independently on projects that may not be clearly defined and are large in scope.
• Strong ability to work with project team to develop cost-effective, customer focused solutions.
• Strong ability to collaborate, coordinates, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
• Knowledge and comprehension of the business architecture of the organization being analyzed including business models, structure, relationships between business units and key stakeholders of those units.
• Detailed knowledge and application of Business Process Modeling.
• Proven ability and application of Business and System Use Cases.
• Experience working with multiple software development methodologies and understanding of all stages of project life cycle process
• Ability to be understood and actively listen to ensure accurate comprehension.
• Ability to identify, characterize and clearly present problems exposing underlying issues and break down relevant information by making comparisons and/or tradeoffs to find the most desirable option.
• Ability to anticipate business needs and think with a business owner mind-set.
• Strong ability to consider all stakeholder parties both involved in and outside of a project as well as the impact of proposed solutions on those parties. Ability to communicate to stakeholder’s rationale for decisions made and possible outcomes for those decisions.
• Strong ability to write effectively for various contexts and audiences resulting in concise communication and understanding of large amounts of complex data.
• Strong ability to moderate discussions enabling participants to articulate ideas on topics; recognize and manage various viewpoints. Promote creative thinking in others by asking questions and challenging assumptions.
• Ability to facilitate teams and develop strong relationships with all levels of management.
• Ability to demonstrate commitment to excellent customer service and follow through.
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects including continuous evaluation and reordering of priorities as business needs dictate
d) Technical Skills
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Visio, and Outlook.
• Strong Ability to use other software and peripherals related to performance of job responsibilities such as MS Project, SharePoint, and Clarity.
List any important contacts and/or relationships this position will have inside and outside of the company. Please explain the nature and frequency of these contacts:
• Frequently works with Business Domain Owners and Business Users in facilitating Business Requirements. • Frequently works with architecture and technical resources to ensure accurate translation of specifications into workable application code. • Frequently works with Business and QA teams to create acceptance test plans and acceptance criteria. • Frequently collaborates with Project Managers in the effort to define and estimate project tasks and deliverables.