About the Youth Awards:
The Youth Awards was founded in 1998 by the Hispanic Heritage Foundation. Now entering its 25th year, the Youth Awards honors Latino high school seniors who excel in the classroom and community and for their excellence in various categories including: Community Service, Education, Engineering, Entrepreneurship & Business, Green Sustainability, Healthcare & Science, Media & Entertainment, Public Service & Social Justice, and Technology.
Gold, Silver, and Bronze recipients are selected in each category and receive a one-time grant to fund their college education or to fund a community service effort that tackles a social issue.
Once selected, recipients will be celebrated in 10 virtual ceremonies and will become part of our broader HHF network of 200,000 professionals and fulfill our unique cycle of leadership where we meet America’s priorities in the classroom and workforce.
The Youth Awards program is the main pipeline to Hispanic Heritage Foundation’s (HHF) system of talent that prepares and positions Latino youth through the award-winning Latinos On Fast Track (LOFT) program as they transition from high school, to college, to graduate school, and into their careers. Follow LOFT on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
25th Annual Youth Awards Ceremonies:
- 2023 Season dates coming soon.
- Be currently enrolled in high school and graduating in the spring of 2024
- Must have a minimum unweighted 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or 7.5 on a 10.0 scale
- Must enroll at an accredited higher education institution in 2024-2025
- Be of Hispanic heritage (includes Spain, Brazil, Philippines)
- If selected, attendance to virtual regional awards ceremony is mandatory