Description: Digital Communicator Fellowship
Type: Fellowship | Location: HHF Offices: Washington, D.C./Los Angeles | Duration: 5-6 Months June – October | Compensation $5,000
The Hispanic Heritage Foundation (HHF) in partnership with Univision Communications Inc. seeks a Digital Communications Fellow to assist with delivering a comprehensive media creation strategy, under the supervision of the Univision CSR Director and HHF’s Marketing and Communication Strategist. Interested fellows send resumes to Marketing and Communications Strategist, Cynthia Pleitez at email@example.com.
Day-to-day responsibilities will consist of approximately 50% content creation, which could range from documenting events on camera, to planning and developing rich video, text and image-based stories. The fellow will have the opportunity to drive traffic to that content through social media channels.
Additional day-to-day responsibilities will include documenting existing content developed by HHF and identifying opportunities to use within the Univision and Fusion Media Group (FMG) assets; including but not limited to digital and social media.
The remainder of the time, the last 50%, will be spent on various projects related to the development of our online content and community. This could include developing new platforms, enhancing our digital brand, or growing our digital reach, including driving traffic to our sites.
Fellow will also collaborate with HHF/Univision teams to develop communications plans that leverage the digital and social media space. Develop content across owned social media channels. This could include Facebook posts, Tweets, Instagram posts, Snapchat stories, etc.
Lead external digital initiatives to support HHF/Univision, including, but not limited to The Foundation’s website. Create, manage and grow HHF’s presence across social media channels, as well as unique visits to our website.
Leverage measurement tools to provide progress reports and mine insights, while continually finding ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
Other similar projects related to the position.
Supervisor Management Structure:
– Univision CSR Director will have monthly check-in meetings with Fellow and HHF’s Marketing and Communication Strategist to check-in on the status of the project, receive updates and/or a presentation on the progress, answer questions, provide guidance and input on any other issues related to this project that may come up.
– Univision CSR Director will review and approve content that will be showcased throughout UCI and FMG assets.
-Mentorship opportunities both by Univision and HHF
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills
- Current college student or recent graduate
- Academic experience in journalism, communications, public relations, creative writing, or such
- Solid understanding of digital marketing, social media and digital research, ad digital campaign management
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational and communication skills
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of video editing software
- Videography skills
- Strong desire to provoke and share innovative ideas
- Previous media relations, marketing, or communications internships/work experience
- Fluent Spanish speaker (helpful, not necessary)
About the Hispanic Heritage Foundation
HHF was originally established by the White House in 1987 and inspires, prepares, positions, and connects minority leaders in the classroom, community and workforce to meet America’s priorities. HHF also promotes cultural pride, accomplishment, and the great promise of the community through public awareness campaigns seen by millions. HHF is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has offices in Los Angeles, Miami, New York and the LOFT Institute is housed at Michigan State University. HHF stresses that though innovation and technology, young Latinos are the leaders of today, not tomorrow. (www.Hispanicheritage.org)